Clan Chatbot

Trying to figure out how things work? Start here.

Moderator: AFHk Officers

p4n1q
My Pie Blown Sky High

Re: Clan Chatbot

Post by p4n1q »

I'm pretty sure that's KoL chat.
lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Post by lostcalpolydude »

Even when people in the same channel see the whole message?
bmaher: Softcore character
lostcalpolydude: Hardcore character (abandoned)
p4n1q
My Pie Blown Sky High

Post by p4n1q »

I don't know. But putting && in a message cuts off the rest of it in /hc, for example.
lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

After some experimenting, it turns out that if your message starts with a / (such as /clan, /hardcore, /msg whoever), it terminates at && because that's assumed to be the start of a new message. If you just send a message to the channel you're in, no / is needed and the && goes through (I tested this in an unused clan with two characters). I'm guessing the bots put /clan in front of the messages they're sending. Or there's some other reason for it, which would probably be harder to change.
slaphappy snark
Widdle Fudge Bunny

Post by slaphappy snark »

lostcalpolydude wrote:I'm guessing the bots put /clan in front of the messages they're sending. Or there's some other reason for it, which would probably be harder to change.
I assume the bots put /msg or similar in front of them when they send them to each other.
Turias
AFH

Post by Turias »

No need for the bots to /msg each other as they are all run from the same process.

But yeah, thanks for looking into this. The bots indeed prefix all of their chats with /clan. I wanted to make sure the bots never started to broadcast clan chat to /newbie, so I did that. However, I could also just "/channel clan" whenever the bots log in. This isn't a huge priority, but I'll try to do it when I have the chance. Thanks!
slaphappy snark
Widdle Fudge Bunny

Post by slaphappy snark »

That is much neater than what I pictured them doing. I'll go back to just thinking they are magic!
Turias
AFH

Post by Turias »

Alright, the bots should now join /clan on login (just in case) and thus no longer prefix all of their chat messages with "/clan"
Antipasta
AFH

Post by Antipasta »

Turias wrote:New feature!

Code: Select all

/msg AFH uneffect EFFECT_ID
As long as the bot has a SGEEA in its inventory, it will use it to remove the specified effect! Hooray for defenses against clubbing!

(This feature has also been added to kbay.)
For what little it's worth, I run a PSA bot (for mall bargains) in the clan where my other char lives, and since people liked snowballing him and jawbruising him, I just put in a periodic check for any nefarious chat effects... and it hits the guilty party with some toilet paper or a nerf dart in hopes of starting a big fight.

I just assume that people will forget what exactly is it that they need to do if it's not automatic.
lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Antipasta wrote:I just assume that people will forget what exactly is it that they need to do if it's not automatic.
There's enough of us that have this forum memorized that it shouldn't be an issue, I think.
vampirewolf3
Inscrutable Pi

Post by vampirewolf3 »

One day, the chat bots got a lot less snarky when you bragged about being welcomed back to the Kingdom.

How can we reignite their pugnacious tendency?
[url=http://koldb.com/player.php?name=vampirewolf3]vampirewolf3[/url] (#433366)